Monday, July 12, 2010

The Dishes Are Done, Man...

This one is going to be a bit more challenging for me, I'm sure.

From the green book:
"Run full loads in your dishwasher and save energy, and don't pre-rinse your dishes before putting them in. Do both and you'll save up to 20 gallons of water per dish load, or 7,300 gallons over a year. That's as much water as the average person drinks in a lifetime. (If you must handwash, turn off the tap while you scrub.) "

I know my OCD is really going to kick in here. Not wash the dishes before I stick them in the dishwasher?!?! YIKES!!!

1 comment:

  1. I knew it. This one is challenging for me. I have been trying to be conscious of my water usage since the restriction after the flooding anyway, but there are some things I just can't leave on the plate knowing it's going to sit in the dishwasher for a couple of days!!! I have been trying not to frivolously waste water though. If I have to rinse something off, I try to have a cup or bowl underneath the faucet so the water collected can be used to rinse the next time. I know it seems silly, but it will quickly become habit, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete