Sunday, July 4, 2010

One Degree...

This is another easy one.

From the green book:
"Set your thermostat a degree higher for air conditioning and a degree lower for heating, and you can save $100 per year on your utility bill. Keep adjusting and you'll save even more. If every home in America turned the dial, we could save more than $10 billion per year on energy costs, enough to provide a year's worth of gasoline, electricity, and natural gas to every person in Iowa."

I am getting up from this computer and upping my programmable thermostat (bonus points for me!!!) one degree. I'll let you know how it goes...you do the same :)

4 comments:

  1. So, we adjusted our thermostat last night and I couldn't even tell a difference. I guess it helps that it's a million degrees outside-I could probably adjust it 10 more degrees and it would still feel refreshing! I hope you've challenged yourself, too! Leave a comment with your experience, if so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep it around 74 downstairs and 73 up...and can always inch up a couple of degrees. It is always more refreshing than outside, even at 74! Hopefully more people will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good one. Amazing to think one degree can save $100 a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your wonderful feedback! Please spread the word about this blog. It's an easy and very realistic way to make a difference!

    ReplyDelete