Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rub-a-dub-dub...

So the last challenge (The Dishes Are Done, Man...) is going to be an on-going challenge. I'm still going to rinse some of my dishes before I load them in the dishwasher. There. I said it. But, every dish that I don't rinse is that much more water saved. And the whole point of this blog is realizing that even the tiniest changes will make a difference.

Onto the next challenge. From the green book:
"There is no need to buy expensive body washes when mild soap and warm water will work perfectly well for bathing your baby. If you purchase paper-wrapped soap instead of plastic bottles of body wash, you will save on money and packaging. If every baby born this year were bathed with a bar of baby soap instead of a bottle of body wash, the plastic packaging saved would weigh more than two hundred thousand pounds-enough to make a baby bathtub that would cover more than four acres."

As soon as the baby wash I have runs out, I plan on buying a value pack of Ivory soap. How nostalgic is that??? And its something everyone in the family can use, not just the babe! Another easy one-I sense a theme!!!

Thoughts???

1 comment:

  1. A+! :) We use Kiss My Face Pure Olive Oil bar soap on K. Not so much because we were being green, but its the only thing her sensitive skin seems to tolerate....no chemicals! Plus, its a green product...bonus.

    ReplyDelete